We are currently accepting stories, poems, articles and reviews for James Gunn’s Ad Astra. Submissions will remain open on an ongoing basis and Ad Astra hopes to begin publishing regularly between twice-yearly full issues. Our ability to do this will depend on the availability of submissions so send us your work!
The theme of each issue will be determined by the content we receive, so send us your best! In addition to written works, we are also seeking digital artwork, multimedia, and innovative forms of storytelling. As an online journal, we have the means to push the literary envelope. Send us your vision of how stories should be told in the 21st century and together we can build a new chapter in the great tradition of speculative fiction.
How to Submit:
- Carefully read the submission guidelines:
Short fiction & multimedia, click here
Poetry submissions, click here
Scholarly articles, click here
- Click the “Complete Submission Form” link at the bottom of the submission guidelines page to access our submission form.
- Fill out the submission form and follow the directions to upload your document.
- Feel a great sense of accomplishment and bookmark our site to come back for some great stories.
How it works:
- Submissions will be accepted at any time.
- Submissions will be judged by a panel of editors selected by the Issue Editor. Every effort will be made to acknowledge submissions within four weeks, with feedback within three months.
- Top selections will be given key placement in Ad Astra‘s full issues.
- Published authors will receive payment of not less than $50 for short stories, $20 for poems.
- Runners-up submissions will also remain eligible for online publishing and future print editions (if one is produced).